Starting April 30, immigration fees for Canada will jump by 50% for applications for permanent residence in the economic and business classes. There is also a 50% fee increase for accompanying spouses and children. There will also be a 2% increase in the Right of Permanent Residence Fee.
Here are the changes that will be made to the Regulations:
Beginning in 2020-2021, the fee for processing an application for permanent residence in the Economic Class will increase in accordance with the following:
- the fees for principal applicants in the business class (including self-employed persons, Business Start-Up Visa Program applicants, and Quebec-selected investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed persons) will increase from $1,050 to $1,575 (a 50 percent increase);
- fees for non-business economic principal applicants will increase from $550 to $825 (a 50 percent increase). It is important to note that this increase will not apply to fees for principal applicants and their family members in the live-in caregiver programs, which will remain the same;
- fees for spouses and common-law partners of principal applicants in any economic class will increase from $550 to $825 (a 50% increase);
- fees for dependent children of principal applicants in all economic classes will increase from $150 to $225 (a 50% increase);
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee will increase from $490 to $500 (a 2% increase).
Arabs in Toronto
Arabs in Toronto is a portal dedicated to inform the Arab community in Toronto. Concerned about providing information, this digital media is the first to provide a range of information and practices dedicated to community services.